Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's like riding a bike...

The last bike I owned was purple, and it had streamers coming out the handle bars and blue stars on the seat. Needless to say, my biking skills are a little rusty.

But Jeff has a fantasy of us riding Dutch bicycles together while holding hands. Given that it's against the (unspoken) law here to wear helmets, such dare devil antics will take practice. We started on Monday with a gentle ride in one of Den Haag's many parks: Haagse Bos.


I forget how nice it is to be in a wooded park, where you can't hear cars or city life. We biked along muddy paths and streams until we reached the Queen's residential palace, Huis ten Bosch. It was refreshing to realize that, even though we have been here three months already, there is plenty more of the Hague to explore. I am designating January as our "Explore Holland" month.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure we can find some streamers for your handlebars and stars for your seat if that would make you feel more comfortable riding bikes while simultaneously holding my hand.

    ReplyDelete