Thursday, June 23, 2011

Best Day Ever, Solstice Edition

As I've said before, we should all have Best Days Ever at least once a month, ideally once a week.  My most recent: June 21 - also known as the longest day of the year (coincidence? I think not).
For example:
  • I did not have to wait more than 2 minutes for any mode of public transit all day.
  • My office mate shared her Leonidas chocolates with me.
  • I did not get rained on.
  • Jeff made me a fabulous Lebanese-inspired dinner.
  • The Senate confirmed a mentor of mine as a federal judge.
  • We celebrated by splitting a bottle of nice champagne with our friend/neighbor.
  • I feel asleep easily and slept soundly (for the first time in a week).
See, it's not that hard - a Best Day Ever does not require being nominated for a Nobel Prize, getting married, or having a successful IPO for your start-up that enables you to retire 30 years early.  Because everyday life, by itself, can be sweet enough.

And for the record: sunrise 5:22 am; sunset 10:07 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment